Eden Innovations LLC is seeking a ‘Concrete Technician’ to batch and test concrete in a new, state-of-the-art laboratory. This successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and function well in a team environment. He/She must be capable of providing extensive, timely research support to both the manufacturing and product development teams. As EdenCrete® continues to break into the concrete industry, this role will support existing product quality control, new product development, and support for projects and potential customers interfacing with our sales team in the field.
The successful candidate will have the following qualification/experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience as concrete technician
- Ability to work independently, to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to learn and follow procedures precisely, for both internal and American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) test standards
- Ability to learn and become certified to batch and test concrete per American Concrete Institute (ACI) and ASTM.
- Perform all ASTM standard test methods for concrete both in the laboratory and field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to share small workspaces as well as keep area clean and organized.
- Able to work closely and accept direction from all level of employees and management
- Flexibility to handle shifting priorities and daily tasks
- Positive attitude when attempting to solve problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, Outlook, etc.) to document any assigned research projects
- Impeccable organizational and coordination skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to climb, crawl around, and on machinery
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and move an average of 50 lbs. daily (i.e. across multiple days in a single workweek)
- Current ACI Certifications a plus, but not required
- Mathematical ability to calculate mixing proportions and quantities required for filling molds
- Assist daily in shoveling, weighing, and preparation of raw materials for batching concrete (i.e. cement, sand, rock, etc.)
- Assist daily in the batching of concrete on a laboratory-scale (< 5 ft.3 batches)
- Be capable of conducting concrete testing on required mix designs (Air, Slump, Temperature, Unit Weight, Cylinders, etc…) and ensure they are properly documented and reported in conformance with ASTM standards.
- Use, maintain, and keep clean the lab, including all sensitive test equipment and instrumentation
- Document data precisely both in writing and on a computer including updating project notes and progress
- Assist with various jobs from cleaning up to setting up equipment to shuffling inventory
- Use safety gear appropriately and work safely with hazardous materials
- Inspect raw materials and fresh concrete while batching and after testing to confirm concrete qualities meet the finished product specifications
- Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
- Use and maintain equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
Harness the strength of carbon nanotubes in every pour with the use of our EdenCrete® Products. Learn about our products today.
D.O.T. Approved States
See the progress of EdenCrete's® approval for use across all 52 Departments of Transportation.